Thursday, April 20, 2017

O for Od

"Jonathan Anderson! Come here this instant!" Chloe screamed, surveying the scene before her.

There were open pizza boxes on the living room table, the sofa had greasy marks on it, there were three broken glasses on the floor, and the tablecloth of the dining table was stained.

"Yeah, Mom? What's up?" a teenage boy asked, coming into the living room and rubbing his eyes.

"I've told you multiple times that you must not have parties with your friends in the living room! In our living room! How dare you! I thought I could trust you and you disappoint me like this, hm?" she asked, her face turning redder every second.

"I…well…I thought that it would be okay to just do it for one night, Mom? C'mon, it's not that bad, is it…" he said, trailing off as he observed the mess in the room.

"Well, young man, I have had just about enough of this! You must make an od, which means an oath to never again have a party in this house again, specially since I will not be there tomorrow night, okay?" she briskly said with a flourish of her hand.

"Um, okay…" her son replied hesitantly, looking at the ground for some kind of some inspiration for this magnificent 'od'.

"Repeat after me," Chloe said,"I will never again have a party in this house again and betray my mother's trust. I will, in other words, be a good boy."

"I will never again have a party in this house and betray my mother's trust in other words I will be a good boy," Jonathan hurriedly said, "now may I leave?"

Without waiting for an answer, he bounded up the stairs two at a time and began to wrestle with his faulty door handle. Wrenching it open, he grabbed the telephone which was on his desk and dialed a number, his fingers moving like lightning. When he heard the beep which meant that it had been answered, he spoke into it with a smile,

"Hey, bro! My mom's not gonna be there tomorrow night! Tell the team to meet me tomorrow night, okay? Pizza, yo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment